Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Disappointed.....but SO Thankful.

Disappointed

Tuesday's important appointment didn't happen. If there is one thing certain in adoption.....nothing is certain. It's one of those times that we'd rather not discuss the details of how or why. It just didn't happen. :(  Of course we are tremendously disappointed. We are hoping that there maybe a rescheduled appointment next week. We thank you in advance for your heartfelt, committed prayers on our behalf. We do feel them. 

I have a saying, "Adoption is not for wimps!" It is very, very true. When we teach adoption classes we tell folks that they have to approach adoption with "eyes wide open" - knowing that it isn't an easy road to travel, but it is truly a miracle like no other.

Thankful

We are thankful for our God who is still on his throne. We are thankful for so many, many people like YOU that are devoted to praying for our family, Nash, and the adoption to be finalized.

With every other thought, the enemy whispers in my ear: "This adoption is never going to happen,"  "He's never coming home," "This isn't fair" "Why isn't God answering you?"  This is serious spiritual warfare, folks.  John 10:10 says:  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. This thief is working hard to rob me of the truth that I know and to destroy the plans that God has already spoken to me about this adoption so long ago.

Your prayers are so needed. It has been hard to have a thankful heart in the midst of adversity over this long period of struggle, but day by day, we will continue to fight back and be thankful!

No Plan B

No matter how much I struggle to see the good around me in the midst of this storm, God will never give up on me. Therefore, we will never give up this fight to bring our son home! We're following God's model of pursing us with relentless, wreckless, unending love at whatever the cost or pain. There was no plan B for me.  John 14:18 says:  I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  So there's no Plan B for Nash. It's that simple.  He's coming home. We will continue to rely on God for understanding of what direction to go and His timing and plan, but we know that there is no plan B. :)

It wouldn't be my blog if there wasn't a song or two! They are both just perfect. Song #1 is a current favorite that speaks straight to my soul. Song #2 has been a part of mine and Jeff's lives for over 25 years......it's "our song."  It wasn't a typical love song and we had no idea how MUCH it would make sense for the various storms we have weathered in our lives together. I have no idea if Mr. Corey Hart is a believer or not....but song #1 paired with song #2 =  only a "God thing" if you ask me!  ;+)

Song #1: 
http://youtu.be/lOmkDx2bzic

Song #2
http://youtu.be/Fj60WPUFs1U

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!,

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment