Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Not THE news, but GOOD news!

 We have NOT yet received the magic word "approved" that we are waiting for from the interview that took place last week. Our agency is working to communicate with the embassy to see if we can find out the status of our case.....so please keep praying!
 
Do we want to hear from the embassy? Of course! But, it has also been 7 long months since we had to leave our son behind in Ghana. 7 months. So today I think I'd rather hear his sweet voice. Really. Or smell his sweet, fresh, out-of-the-shower smell. Ask any waiting adoptive parent. You stare at every picture, watch every video, replay every memory, drink in every detail......because you just don't know how long it will be before you see your child again. YOUR child.
 
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land. 

Tonight we received these new WONDERFUL pictures of our sweet, healthy, beautiful boy!! Our agency director delivered the t-shirt that he is wearing as a gift from us, as well as a letter with pictures of our family. He reports that Nash is doing well and was very excited to received the t-shirt! (He absolutely LOVES soccer!!) The last pictures we saw of our baby were from July, so you can only imagine how it feels to see these - sort of like seeing the latest ultrasound picture, only my baby is gonna be 9 in a few days!!

These pictures are like pure gold.  You just can't put a value on them. I mean, he never leaves my thoughts. His picture is my screensaver on my phone that I look at everyday too, but somehow getting a new picture that was taken  just a few days ago takes me right back to Africa with him. It lets me know he really is OK. That we're gonna be OK. That this is gonna happen. 







 One "God thing" that I wanted to point out - zoom in on the second picture if you are able. There is a sign just over Nash's right shoulder that has a verse on it.

The verse is:

Psalm 7:1 O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me

Jeff & I are so thankful for your continued prayers. We know who the Mighty Deliverer is. We put our trust in Him. Nash needs a Mighty Deliverer working on his behalf to deliver him safely home. Please continue to pray. The battle is not over. Please pray that we will receive the magical word "approved" and move one GIANT step forward in bringing Nash home.

Blessings,

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment