Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dreaming again....

This week has been AWFUL. On all fronts---adoption related, managing a busy home life (not a all well I might add), at work and with my health. My fibromyalgia has been rearing it's ugly head in full force this week. I'm sure the overload of stress is 95% of it, with frequent weather changes adding the other 5% --oh joy.

With all that going on, my already poor sleep has been even worse than usual. When I do sleep it is fitful. Which leads me to this morning.

I can't remember all the details, but I was blessed with a dream. That might not sound weird to most of you, but it's a BIG deal for me because I usually don't sleep deep enough to dream anymore. So dreaming equals resting.

Here's the best part: my dream was about a family reunion that we were attending on my mom's side. They have all been so excited for Nash to come home. In the dream I was very aware that Nash wasn't with us. I couldn't make out any individuals, I just knew it was all my aunts, uncles and cousins.  They were asking if we had any new news. Then suddenly the one face that I could see clearly in my dream was of my Mamaw Margie.

It was as if she had parted the crowd to come comfort me. She touched my arm and said comforting words to me that filled me with peace. You see, my Mamaw has been in heaven for almost 8 years now. She died about 3 weeks before Chloe was born. I always had a very special bond with her even though we lived far away. 

I'm not sure what, if anything it means, but I know that I woke up with a smile on my face after a dreadful week.

Thanks, Mamaw.......I love you!

Isaiah 26:3  You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.

~Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment